The Importance of Writing Perfect Resume
No one should ever underestimate the importance of having a perfect resume. The resume is your first impression with the employers, and we all know that first impressions do count. Writing a perfect resume is your only chance to catch the attention of the employer and have them pick you as possible candidate, and not just throw away your resume in the thrash.
Statistics have shown that an employer spends only a couple of seconds per one resume, so having a resume that leaves a mark is an imperative. You need to present yourself professionally and properly in your resume so that all those years of studying and waiting for the perfect job pay off.
There are some resume formats which you can use to create your resume.
His type is the one that is used the most. This format shows your employment history stating from the most recent. This is also the most traditional format which emphasizes your employment history and job titles. These types of resumes are best for:
- Job seekers who want to stay in the same field
- Job seekers who have a stable employment history and only a few short breaks
- The past job titles are matching with the requirements of the new job position
- If the job titles show high levels of responsibility
As opposite of the chronological resume, this one focuses more on the achievements and skills, instead of on the employment places and job titles. This type of resume is the perfect platform for showcasing your experiences and skills.
This type of resume is best for:
- Job seekers who had an absence and are now entering the job market again
- People who want to make a change in their career and for graduates
- Job seekers who have large breaks and gaps in their work history
- Job seekers who want to emphasize certain knowledge, abilities and skills
- Job seekers who have unrelated work experiences
There are some things that every resume should have and those are: contact information, career profile, work experience, education and skills.
- Contact Information – You have to have your contact details on the resume. It is an essential basic of every resume. You should write a telephone number, email address and mobile phone number.
- Career Profile – This should include a short summary of your areas of expertise and skills. This is how you show the employer what you can do.
- Work Experience – Include all the information like the responsibilities that you had, the company name, the title of the job and the dates of all your employment history.
- Education – List all your qualifications, certifications and licenses that you have acquired during your education years.
- Skills – List all of the skills that you think are relevant for the job position you are applying for.